Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

VCCT_GXB & VCCR_GXB AC Component Maximum Frequency

YKRIS
Novice

Hi,

I am using the Cyclone 10 GX in one of my designs.

I would like to measure the VCCT_GXB & VCCR_GXB voltage AC

component (ripple, dynamic response, noise etc) and make sure is wihthin the required

noise tolerance.

What is the recommended oscilloscope bandwidth limit settings for this measurement?

What is the maximum frequency of the voltage AC component (voltage regulator ripple, noise, dynamic response etc) that will reduce the FPGA performance and will not be filtered in the die\package?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

I would recommend the below .

The oscilloscope with bandwidth 1.5GHz bandwidth. you can choose the vendor as per your budget requirement.

The maximum frequency of the voltage AC component (voltage regulator ripple, noise, dynamic response etc).

These values for Cyclone 10 GX is published in the data sheet kindly refer the data sheet

0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

Kindly let me know, if you need further assistance.

0 Kudos
YKRIS
Novice

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, I could not find

data regarding the question below at any of Cyclone 10 documents I'm familiar with

(including Intel® Cyclone® 10 GX Device Datasheet).

"What is the maximum frequency of the voltage AC component (voltage regulator ripple, noise, dynamic response etc) that will reduce the FPGA performance and will not be filtered in the die\package?"

I'll appreciate if you can refer me. 

0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

To be precise, we do not published maximum and minimum value for components that you mentioned ,because we do not characterize those values because of high dependencies from external components .

But PDN provides the value for the ac component that is the only method.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_dev_specific_pdn_20.pdf

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/support-centers/signal-power-integrity/power-distribution-network.html

0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

Kindly let me know if you need further assistance

0 Kudos
YKRIS
Novice

Hi Raul,

My question is not related to the board ir the boards components but to the FPGA ASIC only. Off course the board cab used to reduce voltage AC component at any frequency. 

Given an AC component in the FPGA voltage input (regardless the platform) - which frequency range of the AC component will reduce the performance of the FPGA and which frequencies will be filtered by the FPGA?

0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

I understand the concern from your side now , but to be precises , I do not have any recommendation or values , sorry to say that.

Only reference from my side is PDN.

0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

Kindly let me know if you need further assistance

0 Kudos
YKRIS
Novice
0 Kudos