Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

Weird Problem with configuring CycloneIII

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everybody, 

I hope somebody can help me in my problem: 

I configured my board with EP3C25E144 Cyclone. Programmer stop working because it indicate different code: 

expected 020F0DD and it found 020F10DD. The last one it is code EP3C10E144. But Programmer and JTAG debugger 

said always UNKNOWN_020F10DD. However, if I tried configure my IC with another program for EP3C5F256 it worked. 

If I recompile MY program for EP3C10E144 programmer allowed to configure my board. Pins wasn't in tri_state mode 

because one LED started to lit 

Could soemebody help me solve this mysterious problem? 

I forgot to add that I did 6 identical boards: all works fine. 

Thomas
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sounds a little strange. Where did you get your devices from? Might they be from the grey market? 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for reply, 

Yes, I bought them (two chips) on Aliexpress. I have to say, I did it a few times and all was fine. But now probably is like in your suspicious. 

I soldered two boards with chips from this seller. In meantime I tried configured second one.... and same effect. 

Well, thanks a lot for your reply. Nothing in web didn't match my problem, and after your question I'm sure I have to buy two new chips and solder them again. 

Maybe they are ep3c10.... with engraved signs. Strange, because in my opinion to do it well you have to have nice tools. At least I'm sure my board are OK. 

Thanks again for looking on my post. 

Tomasz
0 Kudos