Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

When will Cyclone FPGAs be available again ?

domibreton
Novice

Good morning.

I'm a senior engineer, working for the CNRS, national center for public research in France, in the field of nuclear and high energy physics.

I'm a very long time user of Altera (from the very first CPLDs) then Intel FPGAs. I've designed many boards and systems based on these circuits.

It has become inpossible to buy any Intel FPGA since 2021, especially those I abolutely need for producing my boards and systems, i-e Cyclone III, Cyclone IV-E and Cyclone 10-LP. Therefore we're now not able to build the detectors for which we got funded either at the national or at the European level, and thisis a very serious situation for us.

When will we be able to get theses FPGAs again ? Or was it just a bad choice to continue using Intel FPGAs ?

Best regards.

Dominique Breton.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

You can check in Product Discontinuance Notice (PDN) if this device is EOL or not. Intel will send PDN to customers mention about last order and EOL schedule properly so that customers will have enough time to adapt with the changes.

PDN link : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/quality/fpga-pcn-pdn-adv.html?s=Newest&f:@emtcontenttype_en=%5BProduct%20Discontinuance%20Notices%20(PDN)%5D

Please check with your local distributors on getting the devices you want :

https://marketplace.intel.com/s/pmp-partner-program/a723b0000008PICAA2/distributor

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided, please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
domibreton
Novice

Dear Nazrul.

Thanks for you feedback.

You got no response from me since I tried to get in touch with my supplier (Mouser) as advised by you. I just got their response that when asked about delivery delays for Cyclone III, IV or 10 FPGAs, Intel's response is a "WILL ADVISE STATUS". You can easily imagine that designers cannot base designs on such a reply, especially when it has already been lasting for more than one year (for instance, I currently have at Mouser an order for 10CL016YF484C6G and 10CL040YF484C6G FPGAs dating from November 2021 and still waiting for any information about delivery schedule).

So my question to you is not about EOL but about production and delivery schedules. A big company like Intel cannot leave its customers in such a situation.

Best regards.

Dominique.

FPGADev
Beginner

Hello,

is there any news/statement from Intel on this Topic? 

Best regards,

Mathias

0 Kudos
domibreton
Novice

Dear Mathias.

This can sound amazing but there is no real reply from Intel about my questions. It's like they bought Altera and don't care anymore about it and about all the people using these FPGAs and CPLDs ! It's incredible ...

Best regards.

Dominique.

0 Kudos