Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20764 Discussions

Working with Intel

MATRIX7878
New Contributor I

Hello,

I tried to open a support ticket with Intel as I want to work with Intel in designing an FPGA board.  I was told to ask the question here if I can work with Intel.  I do not want Intel to just build the board, I want to be in touch with engineers as we build the board together.  I am not sure why I need to post this here, but I am.  Would an Intel Engineer please tell me if this is feasible or not?

Thank you,

Drew 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

You can contact your local Intel Distributor to register as Intel Partner / Design Partner. For example of Intel Design Partner can refer to SLS corp. link: https://www.slscorp.com/ipcore

This is the list of Intel FPGA design partners : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/showcase/partner-directory/fpga-design-services.html#sort=%40title%20ascending

example for Intel FPGA board design partner : https://www.terasic.com.tw/en/

regards,

Farabi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
GLees
New Contributor II

I'm not an Intel engineer but I can tell you that what you are asking for will never happen.  Your best bet would be to work with an FAE at one of Intel's distributors.

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor I

Ditto.

If you are an engineer working for a large corporation that is designing in some Intel technology to a product that offers the possibility of sales in the tens to hundreds of millions of dollars to Intel they will jump over hoops to help you.

I worked for a very large networking firm and we used lots of Intel technology and we received extremely valuable engineering support direct from Intel. But we didn't go thru this forum, the company I worked for had dedicated onsite Intel engineering support people.

But I suspect if you have to ask the question here this is not your scenario.

You sound like a hobbyist or student designing something for your own use.

ROI on Intel helping you will be at best zero and likely negative to Intel.

So as GLees says you might get some time from an Intel FAE or a distributor support person (likely not an engineer).

Or use the resource of this forum.

Post your designs and ask for review. Many experienced people here are more than willing to critique your design.

But no one here, or at Intel, is going to do it for you.

If you need that kind of help or expertise you need to hire a contract engineer or find someone friendly local to you.

0 Kudos
MATRIX7878
New Contributor I

Hello,

I do understand what you both are saying.  The way I see it, I see very few Intel Agilex 7 M-series FPGA DevKits.  If I work with Intel to build a brand-new board, that will increase the boards I've seen from 2 to 3.  It is not much, but it is something.  I am a self-learning engineer, so I do not have a company to fall back on.  There is also no one around me that knows anything about FPGAs, or electronic design.  The help from Intel would be great, but what I really need is a Premier account so I can access some files for my design.  I need Thunderbolt 4 CAD files and documentation, but those are locked behind a special account.  I tried to apply for it, but I was rejected most likely since I do not have a company I work for.  However, if Intel will not help me make them a DevBoard that I think will do well, then so be it.

Thank you,

Drew

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor I

If my arithmetic is right there are something like 178 dev boards listed on the Intel site. 34 from Intel, about 19%.

This is spread across 26 odd vendors of which Intel is just one.

If there were a high demand market for an Agilex 7-M series card you can bet one of those other vendors would be selling it.

Or working on it right now.

But I suspect it would be a really expensive board as the Agilex 7-M series is a very high end chip.

I am not surprised by Intel's lack of interest in your request. You are a lone individual, not a company, and have no track record.

The fact that you have no local support for FPGA development or electronic design does not help matters either.

I would suggest that if you really want to get into the FPGA board design business do a survey of some low end MAX 10 etc

boards and see if you can come up with a product idea that is different but still in the low end ballpark and see if you can

design and build it. You need to establish a track record to be taken seriously.

0 Kudos
MATRIX7878
New Contributor I

Hello,

You do make a valid point.  I just have an interest though in this FPGA board though as it has the abilities I am looking for.  A MAX 10 does not have all the properties I need for my board.  I guess I will have to either figure something out, or scrap my idea, despite wanting to build this board.

Thank you,

Drew

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

You can contact your local Intel Distributor to register as Intel Partner / Design Partner. For example of Intel Design Partner can refer to SLS corp. link: https://www.slscorp.com/ipcore

This is the list of Intel FPGA design partners : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/showcase/partner-directory/fpga-design-services.html#sort=%40title%20ascending

example for Intel FPGA board design partner : https://www.terasic.com.tw/en/

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
MATRIX7878
New Contributor I

Hello,

Thank you, I will look into it.

Drew

0 Kudos
Elina_Intel
Employee

Thanks Farabi for providing the link.

Hello MATRIX7878,

I hope the links will help you. Goodluck!

If there is no other concern, shall i close the case ?

Best Regards,

Elina

0 Kudos
MATRIX7878
New Contributor I

Hello,

Thank you, I hope the links help as well.

You may close the ticket.

Drew

0 Kudos