I'm using Quartus-II Rev. 18.1 in order to program .jic file into ISSI IS128LP128 flash memory at active serial mode, but without success.
1). How should I connect IS128LP128 (8-pins) to Cyclone-V-GX?
Do you have an example ?
Where should be connected pin ASDO of the FPGA-to SI of the flash?
2). ISSI flash components are absent from "Configuration Device" Tab.
What option should I choose instead?
It is not possible to use Quartus 18.1 as there is no way to customize the flash used.
1) I am not able to find IS128LP128 datasheet. If this is a serial configuration flash then you should be able to follow the same connection as other flash.
2) You may need to use Quartus 19.1 for write, erase and FPGA initialization.
- Open Programmer
- Go to File > Convert Programming File
- Programming file type, select .jic
- Open configuration device using "..."
- Select your device family
- Create a <<new device>>
- Configure according to your memory datasheet
- e.g., name: IS25LP128, ID: 17, Density: 128Mb, Single dummy: 8, Quad dummy: 6
- Select Micron as Flow template
- Change Addressing mode(byte) from each flow tab from 4 to 3
- In initialization tab:
- Remove everything except Read ID (Command 0x9F), Write Enable (Command 0x06) and Write status register (Command 0x01), keep this flow order
- Note that you need a Write Enable before sending other commands, check your memory datasheet for more info
- In erase tab:
- Change Read flag status register to Read status register
- Change Command to 0x05 (ISSI memory uses the READ STATUS REGISTER OPERATION for erase status)
- Change Expected data to 0x00
- Change Expected data mask to 0x01