Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

internal pull-up resistor value of Cyclone 10LP

shawn-tang
Beginner

Hello Sir,

I have a question about the internal pull-up resistor on user IO during configuration:

The value of weak pull-up resistor is 7k~41kohm when Vccio=3.3V from the below table. 

shawntang_0-1643181077728.png

is this resistor value fixed for each chip?   is this resistor value changed with different load?   or change with the temperature?  if yes, will this resistor value go smaller or larger when temperature goes high?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello Shawn, 

I am Farabi who will support your request. 

The weak pullup you asking is the internal weak pullup connected to every IO pins. Every typical environment setting will have a typical weak pullup value which is 25kOhm. This will range from 7kOhm up to 41kOhm depend on the load connected to the IO pins individually. 

For the internal weak pullup response to the temperature, the higher temperature go, the higher weak pullup value will be. If you find that internal weak pullup value is not enough for your design, you can always add external weak pullup at each of the IO pin you using. 

regards,
Farabi

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hi, 

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

best regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos