Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

low speed on hps to fpga bridge

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi , 

i successfully implemented s system which is working on linux. my qsys system consist of a custom component running at 10khz ( output of a counter passing to hps (32 bit)) and hps (with only light weight bridge enabled) and a onchip memory. this is running on fpga part and from the c code i am printing the value to a serial terminal (putty). now the 32 bit value(which is updating in the fpga @10khz) is printing17 times. 

now i used the same system but instead of light weight bridge , hps to fpga bridge . because this have higher through put. i thought like in serial terminal the value will print more than 17 times, because i am using the higher through put bridge right. but its same !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only 17 times. 

how i changed to hps to bridge was: defined the 3 parameters and then just changed them like below 

while (1) { 

custom_slave_rw = (uint32_t*)(virtual_base + ( (alt_axi_fpgaslvs_ofst + rw_slave_ofst) & (hw_fpga_axi_mask))); 

uint32_t read_value = *custom_slave_rw; 

printf("x=%d\n",read_value); 

fpga is connected to the pc using rs232 uart cable ,buit-in in fpga. linux is booting from an sd card. 

why the 2nd time speed on terminal didnt increased ? 

any help is really appreciated  

if i am not doing the proper way please guide me in right direction :) 

thanks and regards
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

maybe baudrate of putty terminal is the problem. anyway now i am trying to save the contents in a output.txt file inside the sd card where the linux is running. i checked the directory using ls command in putty. i can see it . is there any way to copy the text file to pc.(is it possible ?). when i tried to copy using scp commend from embedded command shell, its showing permission denied.  

so is it possible to copy it, if yes what is the command ? 

regards
0 Kudos