Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

quartus_sh --simlib_comp is adding -dbg compile option

cdesmouliers
Beginner

Hello,

Is there a way to compile the libraries without the "-dbg" option added to the scripts ?

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

You may checkout this page on the correct way in Using EDA Simulation Library Compiler in the Command Line:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/current/index.htm?elq_cid=7897019_ts1673839339971&erpm_id=11951528_ts1673839339971#mapIdTopics/mwh1391807004003.htm

There is no -dbg option required in the cmd line so you can exclude it.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos
cdesmouliers
Beginner

Hello,

I know there is no -dbg option to the command line.

What I am saying is that the resulting compiled libraries are compiled with the -dbg option for Riviera Pro.

I am asking if there is a way to tell to quartus_sh not to compile those with -dbg. Also is there a reason why it was done this way.

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

May I understand is there an issue with the -dbg compile option?

As of now, I don't think there is an option to turn off the -dbg option as the command script was wrote by the engineering team years ago.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
cdesmouliers
Beginner

We noticed that when we started doing coverage.

Coverage data are picked up for all intel components which is not what we want.

Also, the -dbg compile option prevents from some optimizations.

Aldec provides precompiled library without the -dbg option but I wanted to know if there is a way to recompile on our side without this.

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Let me check this with the engineering team. See if there is a way to exclude the -dbg option.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I yet to receive response from the engineering team. I will follow up with them.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

As of now, we do not have the flexibility to exclude -dbg from the script.

You will need to get the precompiled library without the -dbg option from the Aldec.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

As there is solution to this issue, I now transition this thread to community support. 

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos
cdesmouliers
Beginner

Hello Richard,

Thanks for looking into it.

Is there a way to generate only the compilation scripts for the Intel libraries ?

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos