Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
19652 Discussions

quartus_sh --simlib_comp is adding -dbg compile option

cdesmouliers
Beginner

Hello,

Is there a way to compile the libraries without the "-dbg" option added to the scripts ?

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

You may checkout this page on the correct way in Using EDA Simulation Library Compiler in the Command Line:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/current/index.htm?elq_cid=7897019_t...

There is no -dbg option required in the cmd line so you can exclude it.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

cdesmouliers
Beginner

Hello,

I know there is no -dbg option to the command line.

What I am saying is that the resulting compiled libraries are compiled with the -dbg option for Riviera Pro.

I am asking if there is a way to tell to quartus_sh not to compile those with -dbg. Also is there a reason why it was done this way.

Regards,

Christophe

RichardTanSY_Intel

May I understand is there an issue with the -dbg compile option?

As of now, I don't think there is an option to turn off the -dbg option as the command script was wrote by the engineering team years ago.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

cdesmouliers
Beginner

We noticed that when we started doing coverage.

Coverage data are picked up for all intel components which is not what we want.

Also, the -dbg compile option prevents from some optimizations.

Aldec provides precompiled library without the -dbg option but I wanted to know if there is a way to recompile on our side without this.

Regards,

Christophe

RichardTanSY_Intel

Let me check this with the engineering team. See if there is a way to exclude the -dbg option.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan