Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20984 Discussions

remote upgrade and generic serial flash ip

elaine1
Beginner

Hi,

I need to implement a system that can do a remote upgrade of a cyclone 10 lp fpga.

I need to write the images into flash with user logic inside of the cyclone 10 fpga that is connected to the generic serial flash controller.  Then I need to use a remote update to program the fpga with the image.    I have the logic in that connects to the generic serial flash controller to write the images.    I need to understand how to implement the remote update ip with this other logic.

When I build the remote update Ip it only gives me either a parameter bus or avalon bus or ASMI bus depending on how I generate the ip.   So how do I implement this?  The remote update ip does not have a bus that interfaces with the generic serial flash ip.   There is no ASMI bus to Avalon MM bridge either.  The remote update ip does not produce the spi pin outputs to the flash either.

Your help is appreciated.

Elaine

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
FvM
Honored Contributor I
Hi,
unless you implement application image verification, there's no connection between remote update and flash loader IP in your design. Respectively they can be treated as separate design modules. User interface to remote update IP is at least required to trigger reconfig, optionally to set parameters like watchdog operation. For serial flash interface, you can choose between ASMI ASMI II and generic serial flash IP.
Choice depends on used flash and intended application interface.
Regards
Frank
0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi elaine1,

I hope you are doing well. I believe the answer provided by Frank has addressed your question.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Please be advised that due to the absence of a response from you regarding the previous notification we provided, we will be transitioning this thread to community support. If you have any new questions or concerns, we kindly suggest opening a new thread to receive assistance from Intel experts. However, if you do not have any further inquiries, the community users will be available to assist you on this thread. Thank you for your understanding.

0 Kudos