Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

scanin-scanout support in Intel Agilex

aman26kbm
Novice

Do we have scanin-scanout support for FP16 mode in the DSP slice in Intel Agilex FPGAs? I don't see it in the user guide. In fact, I see scanin-scanout support only for 18 bit and 27 bit fixed point modes. I don't see it for any other modes. Any reason why this is the case? Or is this a documentation issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SengKok_L_Intel

Yes. You are right. Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

Yes there is no scanin-scanout in the Floating-point Arithmetic mode. You may refer to figure 5 in the following document for more detail.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/agilex/ug-ag-dsp.pdf

aman26kbm
Novice

Thanks, SengKok. I was wondering if this is a documentation issue. Looks like it's not.

Just to confirm... I don't see it shown to be supported in the new fixed point 9-bit mode as well. So, only the older 18 and 27 bit fixed-point modes have it. Right?

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

Yes. You are right. Thanks.

SengKok_L_Intel

If further support is needed in this thread, please post a response within 15 days. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos
aman26kbm
Novice

Hi SengKok, 

I don't have any follow-up questions. Please feel free to transition this thread to community support. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Aman

0 Kudos