Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

2 volumes on a single Intel RST RAID1 (2 x SATA disks) array - rebuilding of volumes starts simultaneously, concurrently

Intel RST 16.7.9 on Windows Server 2019. Motherboard is ASUS Z8NR-D12, Chipset Type: Intel 5500, Intel ICH10R.

I use 2 SATA 6Tb disks. I create 2 RAID1 volumes - 2Tb (for MBR) and 3.5Tb (for GPT). It's works.

But when I replaced the disk and started rebuilding the array, the rebuild started for two arrays at once! This resulted in an increase in synchronization time of about 5 times!

Is it possible somehow to synchronize the arrays, not simultaneously, but one after the other? Perhaps there are some parameters or need a specific version of Intel RST?

Remark: I need a two-disk configuration to boot the OS from the MBR disk, my server does not support UEFI.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Hello VTara1, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. We noticed that another ticket number was opened to address this issue. Based on your system configuration, you are using a motherboard with an Intel® Server Chipset (Intel® 5500 I/O Hub). We recommend contacting your motherboard manufacturer for further support. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos