Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Accidentally Created a raid 0 with two SSDs

Eyncripd
Beginner

Hello!

I own an Acer Predator Helios 300. I just installed a new 1TB SSD and due to the numerous pop ups from the Intel's Rapid Storage Technology on my desktop, I ended up "upgrading" my disks into a RAID volume. 

I have not added any files since then so the new drive is still clean, I think. Is there a way to separate the two drives without losing the data on them?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Eyncripd

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

If the RAID was created via Intel® RST, you can follow the steps to delete the RAID in the Intel® RST guide, page 41. If you delete the RAID via Intel® RST, you shouldn't lose any data.

Otherwise, you can perform these steps of How to Turn Back from RAID-0 to non-RAID Configuration

1. Back up all the information. 
  2. Access by pressing CTRL+I
  3. Reset disks to Non-RAID
  4. If unable to press CTRL+I, check with OEM (computer manufacturer). It is possible that this is included in BIOS. 
  5. Access regular OS partition to set computer back to factory settings. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Eyncripd.   

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Eyncripd.   

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos