Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Additional Question to: Raid 1 at PC - need info if a raid is degraded

cccleaner
Beginner
Hello Yes I think we would like to know more on how the notification part is migrated / enhanced / changed, if the management GUI was removed the Mail notification. We can see in the GUI that notifications will be provided by the internal Windows Notification service. But as a first instance we do not know anymore when. Before the mail notifications could be triggered for Error, Warning and Information. No here is the question: I understand that the Mail Notification may be an outdated service inside the GUI. But can we at least have the verification and repair scheduler back and on top a proper configuration for the notifications within windows? At the moment I get a notification when e.g. I start the verify process but I do not get one when it is finished. No information on count of errors or no errors at all.. Further I do not know if the system will for sure throw an notification when the RAID is degraded. It would reallyhelp if the GUI would offer some more functions again in this matter since we really depend on a fully working and monitored RAID Service. Thank you and have a merry christmas!
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello cccleaner,  

Thank you for your recommendations. 

This feedback will be shared internally with the team in charge. Additionally, we recommend you to check with the system manufacturer (OEM) and/or your Operating System (OS) developer for other possible options like SMTP for alerts and notifications.  

Also, remember that some options like the Verify and Repair Scheduler are still working in previous versions as well, but the options may differ from the Intel® RST versions that are compatible with your systems.  

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M    

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello cccleaner, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities.    

To answer your question in current versions of Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Version 17.9 and onward) the e-mail notifications are no longer available; however, the options to verify and repair was still working with the latest versions. So we can better assist you, please provide the following in order to have a better understanding on the system we will be giving advice on: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).   

2-Open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology user interface (Start > Programs > Intel > Intel Rapid Storage Technology). 

•   Click the Help icon. 

•   Click the System Report icon. 

•   Click Save

Regards, 

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
cccleaner
Beginner

Hi Sebastian 

Thank you  for your feedback. 

Its only a question and possibly an advise for the Intel RST Product Managers, since I know how to verify the Raid. 

But the verify scheduler is gone and the windows notifications cannot be configured so I don't know how to get information about status and errors on the RAID. 

This is a question about why the Management Software functions changed so drastically and if there is the glimpse of hope to get these service again enhanced with these features. 

( I am a longterm RAID 5 user on any of my workstations! I need to know when the RAID 5 is degraded, verified, has errors, etc.)  

Thank you

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello cccleaner,  

Thank you for your recommendations. 

This feedback will be shared internally with the team in charge. Additionally, we recommend you to check with the system manufacturer (OEM) and/or your Operating System (OS) developer for other possible options like SMTP for alerts and notifications.  

Also, remember that some options like the Verify and Repair Scheduler are still working in previous versions as well, but the options may differ from the Intel® RST versions that are compatible with your systems.  

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M    

0 Kudos
stelee
Beginner

Hi Sebastian_M_Intel,

Just adding that this is a critical feature for my business as well. These computers are used in hospitals and are set to RAID1. In the event of a failed drive, we need notification that the RAID1 is degraded so we can replace the failed drive. This needs to be a notification in Windows and an email being sent.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello cccleaner,  

I can see that my previous post was marked as a solution, based on that; we will close this inquiry.

If you have any additional questions, please submit a new thread as this one will no longer be monitored. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M    

0 Kudos