Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

After bios settings anomaly, two drives, in 5 drive raid 5, now show as Port: Unknown, Port location: Unknown but the drive are there

SVizi
Beginner

​Hi, I left my PC unplugged for a few days and something went wrong with the bios settings, apparently the CMOS battery is marginal. Windows was booted once. I restored the bios settings, but the RAID setup didn't restore properly and I now have 2 drives that should be part of the array missing from the array and show as separate drives. The two additional disks just below the raid array are the two that belong in the array. Everything was working fine before this happened.

I was depending on the RAID system as my backup and don't have a current backup. HELP!!!  TIA​

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello SVizi, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. This problem could be related to the drives being on AHCI instead of RAID in the BIOS, the SATA mode. Something else that could be is that the CMOS battery is not working properly and that causes the RAID configuration to be lost, please check the BIOS and make sure that all of the drives are on RAID SATA mode. Also, check under the Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology BIOS extension to see how the drives show there. It is highly recommended to contact your system/motherboard manufacturer to get more information about this and also check the hardware to see if it is a controller issue. Let me know please. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello SVizi, I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you. If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello SVizi, I am following up with your case and see that we still have not heard back from you. If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos