Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

Another non-raid question

BHohs
Beginner

We have an older server vintage 2010 with Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.5. It was configured with RAID1. One of the drives failed. We put in a new drive and started a rebuild but that failed, the computer died. I cannot boot it with the new drive in place. The new drive is now marked as non-raid in the Matrix Storage Manager. If I put the failed drive back in the computer will boot into Windows, sometimes.

How can I rebuild this array?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi BarryH,

I understand you have a server with RAID degraded and you need to rebuild the array after changing the drive. Let me help you on this matter.

I would like to have additional information about your system configuration. Please run the following utility and attach the results.

Intel® System Support Utility

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

In order to attach files, make sure you select the "Advanced Editor" option in the top right of your reply window. You will then be presented with an attach file dialogue at the bottom of the reply.

Regards,

Allan J
0 Kudos
BHohs
Beginner

Hi Allan,

Unfortunately that utility would not run on the machine. It is an old machine running Windows XP with a very critical legacy application on it. I did get the machine to go into rebuild the array with a new HD but after a couple minutes one of the disk icons flashed red and the machine rebooted itself. This old machine is running Matrix Storage manager 7.5. Do you have any sugggestions?

Thanks,

Barry

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi BarryH,

Thanks for the update. I understand.

A RAID 1 volume can be reset as Non-Raid since the structure seems to be out of sync.

After selecting drives as Non-RAID, you can recreate the array.

Regards,

Allan J.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

But your data *will* be gone. Make sure you have a backup before you do any of this...

...S

0 Kudos