Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

BSOD after switching controller from AHCI to RAID mode.

DGask
Beginner

I installed windows on a new HDD with the intent of mirroring it on a 2nd matching one. However after installing the IRST software/drivers I realized I need to change my controller from AHCI to RAID mode. I went ahead and changed it over and was greeted with a BSOD upon boot, "STOP 0x0000007B".

Did some digging and identified a possible solution ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976 Error message occurs after you change the SATA mode of the boot drive), go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IastorV open the Dword named "Start" and change it's value to "0". As well as locating HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci and doing the same. Though when I arrived at both keys, they where already set to "0".

I have fumbled around a bit trying to get windows to boot, but am unable to. I tried the CTRL-I ROM interface on startup, but it does not appear to support any sort of migration like the IRST software and would erase the data on both of my drives.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevant Info:

Motherboard: P8Z68 Delux/Gen3

Chipset: Sand Bridge

South Bridge: Z68

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the chipset community.

If you swap ACHI to RAID mode, and you do not reinstall the operating system, you will get Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) because the operating system does not contain RAID drivers. This is expected.

I regret to inform you that Intel does not work with registry entries. At this stage, you will need to create mirror volume from scratch.

Thanks

Allan.

0 Kudos