Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD

PVasi1
Beginner

Hi,

A client of my employer sent me a Dell Precision 3620 Tower workstation for warranty service with the following problem:

- random CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs /during normal usage or just at Windows 10 startup/.

I was able to reintroduce the error during stress tests which I ran.

When bsod occurred the system was not able to find a bootable device after the first restart nor memory dump was created.

The SSD /Toshiba 512GB SG6 SATA/ and the motherboard was replaced previously and passed all tests /Dell ePSA or Support Assist/.

Sata cables and different port combinations was used during the tests.

All of this points me to a conclusion that Intel RST is the culprit.

The system is updated to the latest drivers and BIOS which is available on Dell Support (Intel RST 16.0.2.1086, A01).

I will be thankful of every suggestion which will help to resolve the issue permanently.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello WhoCares_7,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

To find the cause for the BSODs, we may need to gather more information about the system.

1. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread.

-Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

-Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

-To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

2. I would like to know if the motherboard and hard drive were replaced because these BSODs were happening.

3. What is the SATA mode in BIOS? How was the operating system installed?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PVasi1
Beginner

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

I uploaded the SSU report.

2. Both the motherboard and SSD were replaced.

3. SATA mode is configured by default e.g RAID.

Last night updated the RST driver with the latest available on Intel and more than sixteen hours the computer ran without issues, but that was the case before also.

Regards,

P.V

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello WhoCares_7,

Thank you for the information provided.

To continue troubleshooting this issue, please try these steps:

1. Check if the Intel RST service is running.

-Windows key + R.

-Type services.msc.

-Right-click the Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology.

-Select Properties > General tab > Startup type > Automatic.

2. You can also perform a clean boot to eliminate any conflict.

A. Disable all Services that are non-Microsoft (msconfig).

B. Disable all Startup Tasks (Task Manager).

This includes disabling any monitoring, security, or proprietary tasks for testing purposes.

3. You can also check the BlueScreenViewer for the stop codes/bug checks > Filename, Caused by Driver, File Description of the BSODs. Please attach a picture.

4. It is recommended to use the Dell Windows Backup Media and Recovery Options in case of driver/file corruption.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello WhoCares_7,

Were you able to review the information provided above?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos