Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Cannot optimize HDD with SSD (0xA0010055)

CHung11
Beginner

I just turned my laptop's BIOS SATA from AHCI to RAID, but cannot optimize HDD (1T) with SSD (24G). It keeps showing the error 0xA0010055 and I don't find any solution.

System Report attached.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

ChingHung: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology communities and providing that file. We will do our best in order to provide the proper information to try to fix this problem.

There are a few requirements in order to be able to optimize the HDD with the SSD:

The "smart cache" feature needs to be enable in the BIOS

The SSD needs to have 18GB of un-allocated space

Please follow the steps showing on the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005501/boards-and-kits.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005501/boards-and-kits.html

Just to confirm, is the operating system installed on the HDD or SSD?

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
CHung11
Beginner

Hi, I have done everything you suggested, but the error still shows again and again. Any other solution? The OS is on HDD of course.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ChingHung: Thank you very much for letting us know that information. We will do further research on this matter, in order for us to be able to do that please provide the "DxDiag file". You just need to enter that name on the search bar and you will be able to run it, then choose "save all information" to save the file. To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

ChingHung: I just wanted to check if you saw the information we requested previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos