Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Change Email Notification settings over Multiple PCs

SRowa
Beginner

We have several hundred Dells setup with versions 12 and version 15 or intel RST software setup to send notifications to our helpdesk. We are changing email servers and notification address. I cannot see where the settings are stored for this on the PC. We want to write a script or run a utility to update these settings on ALL pcs. Can you tell me the best way to do this or tell me where the SMTP server and NOTIFICATION email address server settings are saved?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello SRowa, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. It is not possible to configure an SMTP mail server to send notifications using Intel® RST since it will require user authentication. You may use a relay mail server or domain that does not require authentication. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SRowa
Beginner

we have an address plugged in on all the machines already we just want to change it to another address(no authentication required) without touching each machine and change the notification email address. Where is that notification email address stored?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello SRowa, Please follow the steps recommended on the Intel® RST User Interface > Help tab > Enabling E-mail Notifications. Regarding the SMTP server and notification email address server settings, that information may not be available. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello SRowa, If you have any further questions, please let us know. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos