Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

Disable RST

Kevynjr
Beginner

Hi all, 

Could you please help me disable RST on Dell Latitude 5411? I want to install ubuntu wipe out windows total. This laptop does not show anywhere where I can disable the RST technology.

Please see attached

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Kevynjr,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

In order to disable Intel* RST, you need to access the BIOS and set SATA mode as IDE or AHCI, for this configuration you should contact the Equipment Manufacturer (Dell*) for the proper guidance on the BIOS.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Kevynjr
Beginner

Hi Maria_R_Intel

Thank you for your respond - I have attached a snap shot of the BIOS set up on and I can't seem to find where to change that SATA to IDE or AHCI.

Kindly show me if the option is there on the attached pdf?

If I am to go contact dell please share the link to contact dell.

thank you,

Kevynjr

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please expand the System Configuration and Maintenance sections and take pictures of the subentries for us. We're looking for the SATA section, which may be under a Devices section. I would expect these to be under System Configuration, but you never know...

...S

0 Kudos
Kevynjr
Beginner

Hi Scott,

Apologies for responding late - please see attached. 

Thank you,

Kevynjr

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Kevynjr,

Thank you for the pictures.

I noticed with the pictures, that you have the option to disable RST under System Configuration > SATA Operation > You will be able to see the options Disable or AHCI, you can use both to disable RST, keep in mind that you will have to reinstall the Operating System after changing this option.

Please be aware that we do not handle the BIOS specifications of your system, and the best course of action is to contact them for more specific steps on its configuration. Please use this link to reach Dell Supporthttps://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Kevynjr,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos