Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Driver & Support Assistant Pushing Intel Rapid Storage Technology Update, Platform Not Supported

EOShe1
Beginner

The Driver and Support Assistant keeps telling me I have an update for IRST, but then throws up the error message "This platform is not supported." I don't know why I'm being told to update if I can't do it.

The details I can give are:

Model: GIGABYTE P55

Processor: Intel Core i7 6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

RAM: 16.0GB

System Type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

Storage: Liteon CV3-8D256 SSD (256GB) + Hitachi HGST HTS721010 A9E630 HDD (1TB).

IRST Version: 17.7.0.1006 (I'm gathering this is the wrong version, but I was relying on Intel to get this sort of thing right, GIGABYTE's own update system is suggesting I should have stopped at 17.5.0.1017, but as I was updating using ID&SA, it should have caught that instead of continually allowing me to update beyond my system's means, given the ID&SA can see my system information).

Attached is the IntelRST log. I'm hoping that might help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello EOShe1

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our team has updated the driver detection as this driver was provided in error. When you re-scan with IDSA, you should not be offered an RST driver that isn't compatible with your system. We apologize for the inconvenience

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello EOShe1

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our team has updated the driver detection as this driver was provided in error. When you re-scan with IDSA, you should not be offered an RST driver that isn't compatible with your system. We apologize for the inconvenience

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician