Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

Email Configuraton

GGera2
Novice

Is there any way to configure the Intel Rapid Storage Technology application to use Gmail when it send notifications? I don't see any way to enter the password for the account. Gmail is rejecting the email because it is not coming from a real email server.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Gerard,

I understand you would like to know if you can setup Intel RST email notification features using your Gmail account.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

What happens is that the email notification feature that comes in Intel RST requires an email address without SMTP authentication. Any email address that requires authentication will not work.

Let me know if you have or not any other inquiry.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
GGera2
Novice

Seriously, in this day and age when virtually no mail servers will accept mail without SMTP authentication at the very least, don't you think that Intel's policy of using an apparently inferior mail client is counterproductive?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Gerard,

Bear in mind that Intel® Rapid Storage Technology has been designed for software RAID solutions. Usually software RAID solutions come with more limited features. If you need to use an email with SMTP authentication the best option would be using a hardware RAID solution.

Let me know if you have or not any other inquiry.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos