Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Email notifications from MSM

Cryptic
Novice

I'm trying MSM on a test server since RST is telling me that it is deprecated.  I'll set aside for now the hateful fact that I need to enable Microsoft Store on all my machines just to get your software.  More importantly, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get MSM to send me an email when it detects RAID issues.  This is literally the only value the software adds.  I can do everything else from the RAID interface at boot up if I really need to.

Please tell me I am an idiot and I am missing something simple.  Without the email notifications, I cannot manage the RAIDs on more than a handful of machines.  

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Cryptic

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please confirm the following details?

1. When you mentioned "MSM", do you mean Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application or Intel® Matrix RAID Storage Manager?
  2. Driver version, and Software version (either "Product" or "User interface" version). Please refer to this link for steps on how to check this >> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031599/memory-and-storage.html
  3. System/computer brand and full model:
  4. What is the RAID volume?
  5. Operating System version:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Cryptic
Novice

1. Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application installed from Microsoft Store as directed by the message included in version 17.8.0.1065 of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.

2. As installed from Microsoft Store

Driver Version: 17.8.0.1065

Product Version: 17.9.1008.0

3. My test bed server is a Supermicro X8DT3

4. RAID1 of a pair of 1TB SATA

5. Windows 10 V2004 (OS Build 19041.508)

0 Kudos
Cryptic
Novice

I took a different tack with one of our newer machines.  An ASUSTeK PRIME H370M-PLUS.  On a fresh install, I downloaded the latest RST drivers from Intel, which apparently comes with the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application so I don't have to go to the Microsoft Store.  

Driver Version: 17.9.1.1009

Product Version: 17.9.1008.0

RAID1 again.  

Still no option to send email on a RAID alert.  

The closest thing is a button under "Settings" labeled "Change settings", but all that does is bring me to Microsoft's "Notifications & actions" page, where there is no reference to anything Intel at all.  Even if there was, it would be useless as those notifications only apply to the desktop.  

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Cryptic

Thank you very much for your response.

Please allow us to check this further and we will be updating this thread as soon as we have more details available.

Note:

It is worth mentioning that when running Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application or Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) on a system with a Server-based Chipset like the Supermicro* X8DT3 (Intel® 5520 Chipset), the support for these scenarios and Server-Chipset systems should be through the manufacturer of the system. However, since the issue is also happing on a motherboard with regular Chipset, we will do our best to check this further.

Sincerely,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Cryptic

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

After checking this further, we would like to inform you that the SetupRST.exe installer in the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver Installation Software with Intel® Optane™ Memory is the new installer that will install the Intel RST driver and start the process of installing the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application from the Microsoft Store*:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/intel-optane-memory-and-storage-management/9mzng5hzwz1t?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

The Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application does not have the legacy UI (user interface) and it needs users to install Hardware Support Apps (HSA UI) from Microsoft® Store either using the Intel® RST driver or the above link from Microsoft® Store.

Having said that, we would like to inform you that there is no email notification feature in this version. Also, it is worth mentioning that Intel does not have plans to include this feature on next releases of the software.

We hope this clarify your concerns.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Cryptic

We are checking this thread and we have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos