Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Error instaling Intel RST - this platform is not supported

TKasp1
Beginner

Intel Support Assistant is showing I should update Intel RST.

While installing I get error: this platform is not supported.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Are you using Optane acceleration?
  2. What is the SATA mode in BIOS settings? It is RST or AHCI?

Leon

0 Kudos
TKasp1
Beginner

Thanks for answer

1. My gut feeling answer is “No”. Never installed software with Optane option. Not sure how to check it for sure.
  2. Checked my BIOS and it actually has very few options. No options concerning SATA. Any other way to check it

BTW computer is HP Envy 17 (one of the older ones 17t-n100

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post (use "paperclip", below the left bottom corner). In this report I can see if you have Optane Memory Module installed.

2. Since you computer is one of the older models, I think that it is even not compatible with Optane memory. The SATA mode you can see in BIOS settings > System Configuration tab > SATA Native Mode field. If it is set to "Enable" it means it is set to AHCI mode.

Leon

0 Kudos
PBatt1
Novice

I have the same problem yet the Intel Driver and Support Assistant keeps telling me to update, but give the same incompatability message.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @PBatt1​ 

1. Although you have "the same" problem, however i suggest that you should open a thread of yours, rather than hijack this one. Your computer or system configuration is probably different, so the solution can be different.
  2. In addition, once you open a new thread, please attach to your a .txt file with the SSU report, rather than partial image of this report.

Leon

0 Kudos
TKasp1
Beginner

Put my reply in main thread. Thanks!

0 Kudos
PBatt1
Novice

Thank you for your admonishment.

TKasp1
Beginner

Thanks for the answer

1. Atached
  2. Checked. Just five options under System configuration. None pertaining to SATA
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You are right, you don't need this RST driver at all. You have no Optane Memory installed. You have no RAID array neither. HP tends to install redundant software.
  2. Open the Device Manager, Storage Controllers section.
  3.  Right click on Intel Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller and then click on Uninstall device (check the option "Delete the driver...")
  4. Open Apps and Features (Windows settings) and uninstall (if any) RST or Optane software.

Leon

0 Kudos
TKasp1
Beginner

hanks a lot.

I do not have such device installed. I have Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller. Should I get rid of that.

so I applied point no 2 only. Will see if this will stop the updates coming.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You meant that you will uninstall the  Intel Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller (para 2 and 3 i my post above)?
  2. Please inform what are the results.

Leon

0 Kudos
TKasp1
Beginner
  1. I would but it is not on the list of (see the attachment). Instead I have: Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller - should I uninstall this one?
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

No, do not uninstall the Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller. I was informed that this RST driver was provided in error and has been fixed in Download Center. Can you please run again the IDSA and check if this error persists?

Leon

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello TKasp1

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our team has updated the driver detection as this driver was provided in error. When you re-scan with IDSA, you should not be offered an RST driver that isn't compatible with your system. We apologize for the inconvenience

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello TKasp1

we just released a new IDSA version today (20.7.26), canyou try rescanning one more time with IDSA (which should force the IDSA version updated in the process) and report back if you are still getting the message to update RST.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello TKasp1

Have you been able to try the steps provided?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello TKasp1

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos