Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Had one RAID 1 drive fail, replaced with empty identical drive, but RST not running, IAStorUI throws error, and the Intel SATA controller doesn't even show up in device manager anymore. How can I restore my RAID 1?

TMont5
Beginner

Running Windows 7 Pro-64 bit. Intel RST service shows an icon in my system tray but grayed out and message says it's not running.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello TMont5,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community. 

The drive left needs to be changed as non-raid then get into Windows in order to recreate the RAID on the new hard drive you put in since the RAID structure failed before.

Follow these steps to rebuild a RAID volume after replacing a failed hard drive from a redundant RAID volume (RAID 1, 5, 10):

• Turn on the system.
  • Click Start.
  • Click All Programs.
  • Click Intel.
  • Click Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.
  • Click Rebuild to another disk.
  • Select the replacement hard drive and click Rebuild.

Note: Make sure you have a backup of your information when making changes.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
TMont5
Beginner

Thank you Adrian but RST will not run. When I follow your steps, I get the same error as in the first attached file when I try to run it from the Intel Control Center app. RST does not run. Is it possible to uninstall RST and reinstall it, and it will still recognize the RAID array?

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello TMont5,

Thank you for your response.

Normally this error can be fixed when you break the RAID and you set up the disk to non-raid, after that you need to go to the RST console or you can access Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) option ROM by pressing Ctrl+i when the computer is posting then you can rebuild the RAID.

In regard to your question, this is related to the hardware structure failure instead of the software itself so by uninstalling the software and reinstall it won't do any good.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello TMont5,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello TMont5,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos