Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

How do I resolve the error code: (0xA001005D) when trying to create a RAID 1?

JRive13
Beginner

I am attempting to create a RAID 1 between two identical WD Blue 500GB disks (both BRAND new out of box - have already been initialized) on a Dell Precision T3620 workstation, but keep getting the error message attached (see attached screenshot) followed by the message: "The volume was created successfully"...but it isn't. Also, I am using the newest IRST version 15.8.1.1007 (also tried the recommended one via Dell download site). The RAID controller, BIOS utility, shows that the secondary disk is "Claimed for RAID", but will never actually start migrating data from the primary system disk. Has anyone encountered this before? I have already run SSU, and also attached those results as well. Doesn't matter how I configure the disks, I keep getting the same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

jrivers: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology communities. We are sorry to hear the RAID configuration is not working properly.

In order to better assist you, please provide the Intel® RST report:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html

Could you please provide a screen shot of disk management?

Remember that to reserve 5MB of unallocated space at the end of the drive it is necessary for the proper functionality of the RAID.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

jrivers: I just wanted to check if you saw the information we requested previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
JRive13
Beginner

Yes sir,

This information has been provided to you, but I now have what I need. I just wanted to report this to you, so that you all knew what caused it. In the case that anyone ran into this issue in the future. Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

jrivers: You are very welcome. Thank you very much for letting us know those results, we really appreciate you took the time to share this information with all the peers in our communities.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos