Hi! I'm owner of Dell XPS L421x laptop: Service Tag: 7v4dvy1 Express Service Code: 17119294201. The laptop have 8GB of RAM I change de original 4GB module for 8GB module. With Windows 8 have installed and configured Intel Rapid Response & Intel Rapid Storage Technology. The laptop have a hdd of 500GB and 32 SSD msata.
I do a clean Windows 10 install in the laptop.
I follow the:
- Dell White Paper --> http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/direct2dell/b/direct2dell/archive/2012/04/13/dell-whitepaper... http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/direct2dell/b/direct2dell/archive/2012/04/13/dell-whitepaper...
- Dell --> http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/545793/en?c=us&s=dhs&cs=19&l=en Intel Smart Response Technology Configuration | Dell US
- Intel --> http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/rapid_start_technology_user_guide.pdf http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/rapid_start_technology_user_guide.pdf
- Intel --> http://download.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/intel_smart_response_technology_user_guide_3.pdf http://download.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/intel_smart_response_technology_user_guide_3.pdf
I have folow this steps:
- BIOS Setup: Advance --> SATA Operation --> Intel Smart Response Technology
- BIOS setup: Advance --> Intel Rapid Start Technology --> Intel Rapid Start Technology --> Enable
- BIOS setup: Advance --> Intel Rapid Start Technology --> Entry on S3 RTC wake --> Enable
- BIOS setup: Advance --> Intel Rapid Start Technology --> Entry after --> Inmmediately
- BIOS setup: Advance --> Intel Rapid Start Technology --> Entry on S3 critical battery event --> Enable
Then I do a clean Windows 10 Pro 64bits Install, then I installed all Windows 10 Drivers. After intall all drivers I download from Intel Download Center --> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver (last drivers and software SetupRST.exe v22.214.171.1249) The download center indicate support Windows 10 32& 64 bits.
All the options indicates in the how to and White Papers are not enablet to configure. I need to knwo how to set the Rapid Response and then the Rapid Start technology. Attached are all Windows Options that Rapid Storage Technolgy Software give me.
Thanks in advance!
Hi! Yesterday I try do a downgrade to Windows 8. I was using the backup and restore usb from dell to restore a laptop to factory defaults. In Windows 8 I have the same issue. I can not see or set the array for both disk. I think I have a disk configuration issue. I can not access to intel option rom to configure from bios.
If need something pplease let me know.
Hi! I can resolve the issue. I give the step I do to resolve. I do it in Windows 8 and then do a clean Windows 10 install. I think that these step works from Windows 10.
- Boot to Bios (F2)
- Change Sata operation to AHCI
- Save settings and Exit
- As soon as the system boots up tap the F8 key to go into Advanced options
- Choose option Repair my computer
- Wait for 3 – 5 minutes on the black screen until the system shows up recovery options
- On System Recovery option click next
- On user name / password option click next (if password has been set for primary user please enter the right password)
- On System Recovery Option screen ------> Select Command Prompt
- At Command prompt type in Diskpart
- Type LIST DISK You should see 2 Disks listed like below
- Note down the right DISK number for the next steps. On some systems Msata HDD would be either Disk 1 or Disk 0 (For me was Disk 1)
- Type Clean
- This should clean the msata HDD
- Type OFFLINE Disk
- This should make the Disk Offline
Type SELECT DISK 0(Whichever is msata drive)
- It should say DISK 0 is selected
- Type EXIT
- On Restart go into BIOS (F2) and change SATA back to Intel Smart Response Technology
- Click save and exit and Restart
- Option Rom should pop up – Press Ctrl + I <--</strong> I can not access to Intel Option Rom. I do not know why but is impossible, but works with out these step.
- Press R to disable acceleration and 6 to Exit
- Boot into Windows Normally
Please check for the ISRT.
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19517604/20416389?dgc=SM&cid=268757&lid=... W7 fresh install + IRST - minimum requirements system error message! - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community
Now I know Intel Rapid Storage is not supported in Windows 10, because Windows 10 use native solution. For these native solution, is requiered a SSD partition or I can use all 32GB to Intel Smart Response for Caching?