Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

I built a PC with i7 processor and 2 sata hard drives set up with Raid mirror and RST user interface 1 year ago, which has been functioning fine. Suddenly Windows 10 will not boot and the Rapid Storage Technology window will not open during POST.

DBarn18
Beginner

Only the ASUS Bios utility opens on start up. Under the Advanced heading, under RAID Volumes:- Volume1 RAID1 Failed. Also under Boot Priority the 2 Sata drives have disappeared, but are listed under Sata info. Does anyone know how I can fix the problem without wiping off data from hard drives?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You do have a backup of your data, correct?

Doc

0 Kudos
DBarn18
Beginner

My Seagate external drive was backing up when I checked 1 week ago, but I don't want to rely on this if I can help it.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello DBarn18, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

If the problem persists, after backing up the data, one of the things that you can try is to disable the RAID 1 configuration by going into the Option ROM of the Intel® RST application and setting both hard drives to Non-RAID Disk, after that rebuild the RAID 1 configuration again.

To access the Option ROM, press and hold the "control" key and tap the "i" key several times during post to be able to see the menu. If the shortcut does not work, then please get in contact with the manufacturer of the computer for them to further assist you with this scenario, they might have a different shortcut to access the Option ROM.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
DBarn18
Beginner

Thank you Alberto R. I'II try out your suggestion.

Regards David

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello DBarn18, You are very welcome.

Perfect, excellent, take your time and once you get the chance please let us know the results in the case we need to further assist you.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello DBarn18, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello DBarn18, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos