Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe stopped working

ddDerelict2
Beginner

I think this is the correct Location area -- if not plz move it.

Recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and started getting the error in the Subject.  Downloaded/installed RST package for Win10 x64 and I believe it solved the problem.

Then I noticed a section on the page for troubleshooting/resolving this issue stating a need for UNinstalling old RST components.  Is the uninstall necessary?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello ddDerelict2,  

Thank you for your reply. 

The recommendation of uninstalling the previous drivers is to make a "fresh" installation. However, since you no longer see the issue after installing the latest Intel® RST package; this does not seem to be necessary. 

In any case if you prefer, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the package just to make sure. But as mentioned, the problem seems to be resolved.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello ddDerelict2, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Just to confirm, you mentioned that your computer was showing the error "IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe stopped working" after changing from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Then, you downloaded and installed the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) package and that stopped the issue, however; in a troubleshooting page it mentions that you need to uninstall the old Intel® RST components so you want to check if this step is still needed, is that correct? Please explain and additionally, share that page for troubleshooting/resolving in which you saw those steps, and the Intel® RST package download link.  

2. If you still need technical assistance, run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

3. Please also try to get the System Report for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
ddDerelict2
Beginner

Thank you for the prompt response.  Following plz find requested info:

Troubleshooting link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027232/technologies/intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst.html

This specific statement led me to believe the re-install was necessary: The IAStorUI.exe, IAStorIcon.exe, IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe, iaStorA.sys, relate to the Intel® RST monitor service.

Update downloaded from:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28992/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?wapkw=intel%20rst

The following package was downloaded/installed:

SetupRST.exe
Windows 10, 64-bit*

Windows Server 2016*
English
20.87 MB

d9745a6b59d422323b7d579e76e84d7a

My question, however, is very limited: Is the uninstall of older Win7 RST drivers required in order for the newer Win10 RTS drivers to function properly in Win10?

Thanx in advance.

0 Kudos
ddDerelict2
Beginner

Forgot to include the system report.  FYI - I do not use RAID; I use RST because it cuts boot times by 50%.  It may provide other benefits but they're not discernible to me.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello ddDerelict2,  

Thank you for your reply. 

The recommendation of uninstalling the previous drivers is to make a "fresh" installation. However, since you no longer see the issue after installing the latest Intel® RST package; this does not seem to be necessary. 

In any case if you prefer, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the package just to make sure. But as mentioned, the problem seems to be resolved.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello ddDerelict2,   

You are more than welcome. 

We will proceed to close this inquiry. If you have any additional questions, please submit a new post and we will gladly assist you. 

Regards,   

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos