Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management Error Code: 0xA00906B3

PaoloB
Beginner

When I start Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management application, I receive an error with error code 0xA00906B3 and the application fails.  

The following error log is in the Windows Logs:

Faulting application name: RstMwService.exe, version: 18.6.1.1016, time stamp: 0x60fabe98
Faulting module name: RstMwService.exe, version: 18.6.1.1016, time stamp: 0x60fabe98
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000cd5e6
Faulting process id: 0x399c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7d6911c08b0c9
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iastorac.inf_amd64_3cbddcc68b1c0da2\RstMwService.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iastorac.inf_amd64_3cbddcc68b1c0da2\RstMwService.exe
Report Id: bed285a9-3cfd-4190-a120-b06e39f2fd1c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_G_Intel

After further investigation we noticed that this motherboard uses a Z100 series chipset and the latest RST supported as per computer manufacturer is [17.2.11.1033]

The latest Optane software is not supported on this machine.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello PaoloB

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share more information with us:

• Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 
  • Troubleshooting steps tested
  • When did this issue start?
  • Were you able to use the program with no issues before?

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
PaoloB
Beginner

Hi David,

I've attached the output of the ssu tool (ssu.txt).

• When did this issue start?
    • I experienced the issue 2 days ago. 
  • Were you able to use the program with no issues before?
    • I don't think I ever started the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management application before 2 days ago.  I had started the Intel Rapid Storage Technology application (which was the name of the application before it changed to Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management) when it was installed on my computer and that always worked.  

Thanks,

Paolo

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided, your system seems to be up to date. Please try the steps listed in our article Error Code 0xA00906B3 - Intel® RST Service Disruption:

Remember that you have to back up all data/files before proceeding with the steps. Let us know if the issue persists.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
PaoloB
Beginner

David,

I followed the instructions in the link you provided:

• I have attempted to reboot the computer several times after experiencing this issue.  Each time, after the reboot, the issue happens again.  
  • Following steps 1-4, when I start the service (see the image "RstMwService.png" for the service details), I get the error in the attached file "Error 1067 - The process terminated unexpectedly..png".   After getting this error message, when I attempt to start Intel Optane Memory and Storage application, I get the same error, namely Error Code: 0xA00906B3
  • I cannot execute step 5, which has two parts
    • "Disable acceleration" - I believe this can be done in the BIOS but my motherboard and the chipset does *NOT* support Intel Optane Memory acceleration.  Please let me know the specific steps to execute this step on my system if it is possible.
    • "Uninstall application" - There is no entry under "Uninstall Programs" in the control panel for anything related to Intel Optane Memory and Storage application.  Please see the files:  "Uninstall - All intel entries.png", "Uninstall - Search for 'memory'.png", and "Uninstall - Search for 'storage'.png" (the later two being pictures of doing a search for 'memory' and 'storage' in the control panel.  I tried using alternative tools like Revo Uninstaller, which also did not find an entry for this program.  
      • I did find an entry for "Intel Optane Memory and Storage" under Start -> Settings -> Apps, (see "Intel Optane Memory and Storage - Settings-Apps.pns", which I uninstalled.  I then rebooted my computer and reinstalled it.  The issue still exists after the reinstallation and the reboot.

Thanks,

Paolo

0 Kudos
PaoloB
Beginner

David, 

I forgot to add, that I also tried to update the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver to the latest version available for your platform by going to Device Manager -> Storage Controllers -> Intel Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller and selecting "Update Drivers".  Please see the attached images.  The driver version is 18.36.1.1016, which is the latest on the Intel website.

Thanks,

Paolo

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided. We are working on this request, we the updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

After further investigation we noticed that this motherboard uses a Z100 series chipset and the latest RST supported as per computer manufacturer is [17.2.11.1033]

The latest Optane software is not supported on this machine.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos