2046 Discussions

Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management Windows 11 upgrade issue

jshep104
Beginner

i have a Lenovo system with
Intel Core i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz
and three SSDs used to create a RAID 5 volume

I had no issues under Windows 10 with Memory and Storage Management application

When upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 my Memory and Storage Management application now fails to launch.

Error: 0xA00906B3

Any thoughts why this application now fails?

RST Driver 18.36.1.1016

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello jshep104,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application version.

Also, please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
jshep104
Beginner

Hey Josue,

I have attached the information you asked for. 

If you need something else, let me know.

Since my initial posting, I did rebuild the SSD volume changing it from a RAID 5 to RAID 1 still getting the same issue.

The tool is still giving the same error.

Any insights appreciated 

Thanks John

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello jshep104,

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, please try following the next steps:

Note: Back up all data/files before proceeding with the steps below.

In some cases rebooting the system has resolved the issue, it is recommended to try this first. If this does not resolve the issue, see the steps below.

Restart the Service RstMwRpc:

1. Search for the 'Services' Windows app (Open Windows Menu and type 'services').
  2. Select the 'Services' app.
  3. Press 'Yes' if the User Account Control pop-up appears.
  4. Restart the service by following the steps below:
  5. Locate the "RstMwRpc" service.
  6. Right-click and select 'Restart' from the menu.
  7. If the error persists, Disable acceleration and uninstall the application.
  8. After restart, reinstall the application and enable acceleration.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
jshep104
Beginner

Josue,

in terms of services, under Windows 11 was not finding the service. The service app has changed from Windows 10 

With not being able to find the Service, I did decide to troubleshoot the issue a different way.

Since I had two RAID 1 volumes both showing up in Windows (Drives C: and D:) with the SSD volume having the OS.

I shutdown the system and removed power and sata cables from both the spinning drives. Leaving just the OS volume.

Rebooted, and guess what... The Intel Memory and Storage management launched and indicated the SSD volume was fine.

Next, I powered down and added back just one Sata drive... (understanding I was degrading the volume)

after boot, the application would not launch, and the error messages returned. 

Next, I powered down the system, removed cabling from the Sata drive and add power and sata cables to the other SATA drive.

after reboot, the application launched just fine, showing SSD volume fine and SATA volume degraded.

playing around a bit more, no matter where the one drive was in the system (by it self, single SATA) it caused 

1) the application not to work

2) windows not to see and mount the volume

With both SATA drives in, windows would show the volume mounted and assign a drive letter.

So, I feel during the upgrade to Windows 11, I had a drive fail. With the failed drive in the system, it was causing the application not to launch and issue error codes.

I am now waiting on a replacement drive.

Thank you for your time on this issue.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello jshep104,

Thank you for the information provided, thank you for sharing the troubleshooting steps you took to find the root cause of the issue. Since you already waiting for a replacement drive we will close this thread.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos