Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2089 Discussions

Intel RST error calssifications

riku_at_hp
Beginner

Hi!

I need a list of errors that the Intel RST reports based oin the classification. In the GUI you can set up email alerting and select the categories:

information

warning

alert

Is there a document that describes which errors are categorised under each? I need this in order to filter relevant errors for actions.

Thanks!

rr

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Riku_at_hp,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

You have a very good question. Knowing the errors can help you configure your Intel RST better. 

We need to ask for the information below, so we can properly address your inquiry:

1. Are you inquiring about the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) or the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise (RSTe)?

2. It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page. To run it, please press "Scan". After the scan is finished, click next and there will be a save button, giving you an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply. You can refer to How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* for instructions.

3. What is the RAID Type that you have configured on the system?

4. What is the version of the Intel RST or RSTe that is currently installed on the computer?

We will wait for your post with the answers to our questions.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Riku_at_hp,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the questions I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
riku_at_hp
Beginner

Hi!

The latest version that has been tested is RST_PV_19.5.2.1049.4 running on an HP Z2 workstation configured as a RAID1 array.

I just need a list of the errors that the driver (RST Middleware) logs in Windows Event Log and sends via the email alert function:

1) information

2) warning

3) error

The troubleshooting guide section in the Intel RST GUI documentation does not list this type of categorisation, only the symptoms and corrective actions to take.

Cheers!

riku_at_hp.com

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Riku_at_hp,

Thank you providing those information.

Please allow us some time to check on this. 

We will get back to you as soon as we have updates.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Riku_at_hp,

We are currently in the initial phases of our investigation and we need your cooperation to provide the following:

1. To verify the RST documentation that you are referring to that has information but is not organized categorically, kindly share the link of this Intel RST GUI documentation.

2. Additionally, please share the link of any other references that you are referring to.

We will wait for your post.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Riku_at_hp,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the questions I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Riku_at_hp, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. 

We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos