Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Intel RST not running after a new GPU, and can't reinstall RST

User1580100574028718

Been happily running Intel RST for years on my Win10 machine, doing a dual RAID1 (2+2 HDDs) setup.

However, just bought a Nvidia RTX 2080 and my RST Immediately stopped running after installation of the new GPU.

--One of my RAID1 arrays became non-RAID (I now see 2 identical but separate drives where there should be 1, and my second RAID1 array I think died (when I open Disk Management, it shows one of the member disks of that array just says "invalid"). Now I can't open RST anymore, neither in Windows nor BIOS.

Anyway, I'm just trying to reinstall RST and I can't. On 1/26/2020 I tried to run the installer for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) Driver 17.8.0.1065 but it fails with an error message:

"

The setup program ended prematurely due to the following error:

This platform is not supported.

"

Please help me fix and install RST please!

The RST Log file is attached.

My system info is:

OS - Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18363

CPU - Intel i5-3570K

Motherboard - P8Z77-LK

BIOS - American Megatrends Inc. 1402

Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello User1580100574028718471

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to have a better understanding of your environment, could you please provide the following information?

1- By any chance do you handle the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) Software version in (1) Windows Apps and Features and the driver version listed in (2) Device Manager >> Storage controllers?

2- Please provide screenshots from the Intel® RST Option ROM of your system showing the status of the RAID and disks and from any other tool you are monitoring the status (Intel RST software, etc.). You should be able to access the Option ROM during POST by pressing the key combination "Ctrl" + " I " to display the utility main menu. If this method does not work, please check with your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM, in this case, ASUS*).

3- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

3.1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

3.2- Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3.3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

3.4- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos