Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

Intel RST not working after Windows 10 1803 update. Want to update. Which version to use and how to install?

JFabi1
Beginner

Hi!

I have Acer Predator 15 G3-593 with Intel Core i7 6700HQ. I've just recently updated Windows 10 with Spring Creators update. Unfortunately, Intel RST service stopped running. I had a v14 version that was shipped with my laptop. I want to update the software so it can function again.

So my questions are following:

1) Which version of Intel RST to use with my laptop? The newest drivers (v16) don't list 6th generation of Intel processors (which I have) as supported, but they list support for 100-series Intel Chipset (which I have too).

2) How do I update to the newest Intel RST software and drivers? Do I have to uninstall older drivers and software first or can I just downlaod the newest version and not worry about uninstalling older version (win-raid.com https://www.win-raid.com/t2f23-Intel-RST-RSTe-Drivers-newest-v-WHQL-v-WHQL.html https://www.win-raid.com/t2f23-Intel-RST-RSTe-Drivers-newest-v-WHQL-v-WHQL.html says that you should uninstall both drivers and software before each update).

Thank you!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Somitomere,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

To help you resolve this issue reported after the Windows update, please follow the steps below:

1.Open Windows* services by pressing WinLogo key + R

2.Type in services.msc, then press Enter.

3.Look for the Intel Rapid Storage Technology service, double click on it.

4.Go to Intel Rapid Storage Technology Properties.

5.Select the General tab.

6.Change the Startup type to Automatic.

7.Click Apply and OK to save.

If the steps mentioned above do not resolve the issue, then remove the current version and install the latest one. Follow these steps:

1. Remove the Intel® RST from Programs and Features.

2. Restart your computer.

3. Install the latest version of the Intel® RST 16.0.2.1086

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27681/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005

4. Your system should not have any issues supporting this version of the Intel® RST.

Please let me know how it goes.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Somitomere,

Were you able to resolve the issues experienced with the Intel® RST?

Wanne G.
0 Kudos
JBrow33
Beginner

Hello Wanne.

I'd like to add that on my HP Envy 15-j021TX using Intel RST, it is not possible to install the latest RST drivers on a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 1803. The installer crashes and performs a rollback. Installing Intel RST on a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 1709 succeeds without issue.

Could you please investigate?

Many thanks

Justin

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello serenitynowjerry,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

I would like to gather some more information to investigate this issue further. It is worth mentioning that this is the first time we hear about this issue with the new Windows 10 Version 1803 April Update and the Intel® RST.

Please provide the following information to assist you better:

Please scan it using the Intel® System Support Utility. Follow the steps below:

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Intel® RST report:

-Open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology user interface (Start > Programs > Intel > Intel® Rapid Storage Technology).

-Click the Help icon.

-Click the System Report icon.

-Click Save.

-Did you download the latest Intel® RST Version: 16.0.2.1086 from our Download Center or another version from your computer manufacturer's website?

-What is your RAID configuration and hard drives models?

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
JBrow33
Beginner

Hi Wanner, thank you for you follow up.

Attached are the reports that I have run as you instructed. The RST driver is version 16.0.2.1086, downloaded from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27681/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005 Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver .

Please tell me what additional RAID configuration or drive model details your require that are not already in the attached reports.

Many thanks,

Justin

0 Kudos
JFabi1
Beginner

Hi!

I was able to resolve this problem by uninstalling the previous version of Intel RST and installing the new one. sorry for late response.

Somitomere

0 Kudos
JBrow33
Beginner

Unfortunately for me, using the latest version does not fix the problem for me. As noted above I am already using the latest version.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Somitomere,

I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue by installing a new version of the Intel® RST.

Thank you for the information provided serenitynowjerry,

I will forward it to the proper department. I will get back to you as soon as I have any updates about this issue reported.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello serenitynowjerry,

I would like to provide more information about the issue reported while trying to install the latest version of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 16.0.2.1086 on your HP Envy 15-j021TX, Windows 10 Pro 1803.

According to your system specifications, your laptop has a 4th Generation processor i7-4700MQ (Intel® 8 Series Series Chipset Family). As you can see in the Read Me below, the last version of Intel® RST that supports Intel(R) 8 Series Series Chipset Family is the Version: 14.8.16.1063. You are having compatibility issues because your processor is not supported by the latest version of Intel® RST available.

Our recommendation is to continue using Intel® RST with a previous version of Windows 10 or install a version of Intel® RST supported by your processor. Keep in mind that the version of Intel® RST recommended may not work correctly if you install the latest version of Windows.

Intel® RST

Version: 14.8.16.1063

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26759/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver

I hope you find this information helpful.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos