Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

Intel RST

Bentall
Beginner

Hello,
I have a problem with my Intel Rapid Storage Technology.
When installing the new version, this type of error appears : ( screen shot )
And I don’t understand because I don’t have an Intel RST installed on my computer. I’m afraid it’s a conflict issue... I went through an update from windows 10 version 1909 to the 2004 version. Then I installed the latest drivers corresponding to the version of windows 2004 that were on the site of the manufacturer of my motherboard... And I think I installed the optane memory management software and I don’t know if that’s what bothers RST, but I disintegrated it because it serves me no purpose... In fact I don’t know if this kind of problem can be solved because I had a BSOD "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" and I had already tested my hardware, it didn’t come from there, and so for me, it must come from some residual RST files... But I don’t know how to solve this alone, I need advice and assistance.
Thank you for advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You could have had the RST drivers loaded via INF file in Device Manager or during Windows 10 installation. Go into Device Manager and look to see if there is an RST or RST Premium Controller entry in the Storage Controllers category. If you find one there, you can uninstall it by right-clicking on the entry and selecting Uninstall Device. In the dialog that appears, select (checkmark) the Delete the driver software for this device and then select Uninstall.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This can happen if RST updates have come in via Windows Update. What you should do is completely uninstall RST, reboot and then install the 'newer' version.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Bentall
Beginner

I thank you for your help, however, I do not know if RST is uninstalled or not because it does not appear in my programs... Do you or anyone else have any ideas?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You could have had the RST drivers loaded via INF file in Device Manager or during Windows 10 installation. Go into Device Manager and look to see if there is an RST or RST Premium Controller entry in the Storage Controllers category. If you find one there, you can uninstall it by right-clicking on the entry and selecting Uninstall Device. In the dialog that appears, select (checkmark) the Delete the driver software for this device and then select Uninstall.

Hope this helps,

...S