Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Intel Rapid Storage Technology 10.1 - Raid1 - every reboot Verifying & Repairing HELP

idata
Employee

I have 2 fresh Seagate 7200.12 500gb drives and Vista Home Premium (I know I need 7 but this is the only key I have). I installed both drives and the bios has the raid controller enabled.

Using the newest version of Intel's RST 10.1, I created a mirror raid (raid1) 1 partition that is bootable and now, every time that I reboot it goes through a full Verifying & Repairing. Just to test, I have pulled both drives and connected them to a different PC as an extra drive and they are identical. I am getting really frustrated.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue with the Verifying & Repairing happening every single reboot and if so, how was this resolved? Please ask any questions about my configuration I will be checking this thread frequently.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

I hope someone finds a solution to this; it started happening on my Win7-64 machine tonight too. RAID1 1Tb. Exceedingly slow. PC is now pretty much unusable. HDD light on solid of course.

Anyone?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Had same problem, but is now fixed. Had Win 7x64 installed on SSD and small RAID 0partition and bulk RAID 1 partition on pair of 1.5 TB drives. Noticed that when drive was rebuilding and rebooted, the Intel RAID bios splash screen would say rebuilding. If I had rebuilt the mirror when I rebooted, it would say that all drives were fine. Whenever it would then boot into Windows, it would take an eternity, and when it loaded, the Intel software would say that the RAID 1 partition had degraded and the RAID 0 partition had failed. Thus, the cycle would start again. Even tried playing with disabling the HDD cache, but that didn't help.

After reading about installations with Win 7, I took a chance and reinstalled the OS. Before I did it, I downloaded the latest Intel Rapid Storage driver, and inside was a folder to make a driver disk (any USB flash drive will do). I did a clean reinstall (kept backup image in case this didn't fix anything), chose custom install, and loaded the driver. Install went off normally. Now, the drive never fails. Rebooted dozens of times with no problems. I'm confident the problem has been fixed.

Hope this works for you!

0 Kudos