Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Software not showing my array

M1keGreen
Beginner

I have a HP Z840 and I have built a Raid 10 array which I can access via Disk Manager and mount fine in Windows 10. However if I go into the RST software I can see the two Raid controllers but not the array. One controller has 1 SSD and 4 drives. The 4 drives make up one Raid 10 array. that controller is showing nothing. The other controller has an ATAPI device which is probably my CD drive. That is all thats attached to it. 

I want to see the arrays to check health and get notifications of errors. I've updated drivers to the latest version via the HP assistant. Any help would be appreciated. 

Cheers, 

Mike. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
M1keGreen
Beginner

It was a rookie error. The drives were plugged in to the SAS ports and the array was formed there. This software is for monitoring the SATA ports. Once I switched over and made a new array everything showed up. Sorry for being a rookie. 

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello M1keGreen,

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos