Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Intel Smart Response Lost

JG2246
Beginner

Hi, 

I have a problem with one of our notebooks. Tell me is Intel smart response is moving files back and forth or permanently copying them to 20 gb ssd? I asking becouse the intel smart response partition has been deleted, and as we found out some files on HDD are also gone. If partition is deleted drive should working without it or is it needed to boot and for viewing files etc? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Intel SRT, like the Optane products that replaced it, caches file and file system data in the SSD and, at any point in time, these files and data may not yet be on the HDD. If a H/W failure occurs, it is possible for the SSD and HDD to get disconnected/disassociated from each other and files could be lost and/or the file system corrupted.
You may need to rebuild the association and the lost/corrupted files will be permanently lost. I would check first for either the SSD or the HDD being in a failing state.
Hope this helps,
...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Intel SRT, like the Optane products that replaced it, caches file and file system data in the SSD and, at any point in time, these files and data may not yet be on the HDD. If a H/W failure occurs, it is possible for the SSD and HDD to get disconnected/disassociated from each other and files could be lost and/or the file system corrupted.
You may need to rebuild the association and the lost/corrupted files will be permanently lost. I would check first for either the SSD or the HDD being in a failing state.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos
JG2246
Beginner
0 Kudos