Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2045 Discussions

Migrating an IRST Raid 1 to larger drives

DL9
Beginner

I have a 512 GB SSD Raid 1 array (two drives) on my HP Envy desktop mirrored using IRST.  I want to replace the drives with two 1 GB SSD drives.    Intel has a procedure documented at

https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/support/articles/000005837/technologies/intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst.html

but can't I just do this so I always stay in RAID mode?:

• power off CPU
  • remove old secondary drive
  • replace with new drive
  • power up and let drives remirror
  • power down again
  • remove old primary drive
  • replace with new drive
  • power up and let drives remirror
  • Go into Windows 10 Disk Management and extend the C: partition

I have the Automatic Rebuild on Hot Plug turned on in the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management application.

Windows 10 2004      Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management 17.9.1008.0   Driver 17.9.1009

Thanks.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

DL9, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, in order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system, please provide the SSU report and the RAID report:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
DL9
Beginner

Can you send me an e-mail address to send the SSU report?  I don't want to post that huge report on the forum.  Also, what is the RAID report you are referring to.

Thanks.

Dan

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello DL9, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
DL9
Beginner

Hi Albert,

I ran the SSU but, when trying to submit it, the connection times out.  Is there a problem uploading?

The connection has timed out

The server at servicerequestmgmt.intel.com is taking too long to respond.

Thanks.

Dan

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You cannot upload from the SSU tool; that capability isn't supported yet. You need to save the report as a text file. Then, after clicking on Reply to start a reply operation, upload your text file by dragging it from Windows explorer to the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" box below the body edit window.

...S

0 Kudos
DL9
Beginner
0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

DL9, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Regarding your request, "Can you send me an e-mail address to send the SSU report?", sure I will send you an email, please verify your inbox.

Additionally, "what is the RAID report you are referring to?", please follow the steps in the link below in order to verify how to get it, if by any chance for some reason those steps do not work, that is no problem, just send us the SSU report:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I would also point out that you can send the report to another person using the private message capability. There is no need to use any external email addresses. Just click on the mail icon on the Communities bar (to the left of your avatar picture) and then on the Create New Message icon on the left.

...S

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello DL9, I just wanted to check if you received the email that I sent you requesting the SSU report and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello DL9, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos