Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

.NET error with RSTe 5.4.0.1463

Basdf
Beginner

Microsoft Windows 2012 R2, fully patched. This is a fresh Windows install.

.NET 4.5 and .NET 2.0 and 3.0 are installed.

RSTe 5.4.0.1463

When I try to launch the RSTe gui I get the following error message pop up. See attached.

"An unknown error occurred while running this application. If the problem persists, please restart your computer or try reinstalling the application".

In the Event Viewer there is the IRST_UI error with the attached .NET message.

"Failed to load Storage Data from Driver"

If I uninstall the RSTe 5.4.0.1463 and install RSTe 5.3.0.1413 it will launch and run without a problem. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling 5.4.0.1463, and also tried upgrading 5.3.0.1413 to 5.4.0.1463 and the error persists.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello brian89gp,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Technical Support.

As we understand, you need assistance with Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise (Intel® RSTe). If we infer correctly, to begin diagnosis and consequent troubleshooting that could take us to a resolution, we would appreciate if you could, please, reply to this post with the following, important, basic information:

The SSU logs.

1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility?v=t and download the software.

2- When finished downloading it, open it.

3- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan.

4- When finish scanning, click "Next."

5- Click on "Save."

6- Attach the file to your reply.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello brian89gp,

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support.

We have not heard from you since our last communication and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case?

Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos