Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

NVMe SSD Firmware update fail using APIs of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Private API

ykameoka
Beginner
Hi,
I'm developing a NVMe SSD's application tool to update firmware on Intel RST/VMD platform(Intel CRB board with VMD enabled, and RST driver enabled.). The application tool's code follows details  of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Private API document. However the  IOCTL_SCSI_MINIPORT request with ControlCode=IOCTL_RAID_FIRMWARE (chapter 6)
returns fail status: FIRMWARE_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER (0x3), expected status is FIRMWARE_STATUS_SUCCESS(0x0). I also tried using IOCTL_SCSI_MINIPORT request with IOCTL_NVME_PASS_THROUGH (chapter 2), the request returns fail status: FIRMWARE_STATUS_ERROR(0x1). My NVMe SSD is NVMe* Drives and should be compatible to the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Private APIs, could you please provide some support about this failure?

<Intel Confidential document removed>
Labels (1)
  • i

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

ykameoka, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, we will do further research on this matter in order to try to provide the answer to your questions or to point you in the right direction for the proper technical support. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello ykameoka, I just received an update on this matter.

While we are still working on this case, we just wanted to confirm:

Which hardware are you using, could you please provide the SSU report?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Is the issue related to Intel® RST or NVMe SSD Firmware update failure?

Could you please clarify the following:

-the&nbsp; IOCTL_SCSI_MINIPORT&nbsp;request with&nbsp;ControlCode=IOCTL_RAID_FIRMWARE (chapter 6)

-using&nbsp;IOCTL_SCSI_MINIPORT&nbsp;request with IOCTL_NVME_PASS_THROUGH (chapter 2)

I can see that you shared a document that is confidential, if the statements above are related to that document, I can always send you an email for you to provide that information to us.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos