Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

No "Create" Button in RST

DA000
Beginner

I just purchased a new computer with two SSDs. I enabled RAID in Bios, installed RST (newest version), and the "Create" button is missing. Would greatly appreciate any help.

Attached is a screenshot from Disk Management.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I would like to start by mentioning that, according to the screenshot you have provided me, I can see that you are trying to create a RAID with a drive that already has the operating system installed. Since that is the case, you would need to create the RAID using the Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology BIOS extension which is normally accessed by pressing CTRL + i during the POST, if it does not open like that for you then you must get in contact with either the system manufacturer or the motherboard manufacturer to see if they have set up the access in a different way. Once inside you can create the RAID there, you need to keep in mind however, that when you create the new RAID all of the information will be deleted and you will need to re-install the operating system in the newly created RAID. I hope this helps. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello, Were you able to check my post? If you need more assistance let me know. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DA000
Beginner
Do I really need to reinstall the OS and all of my software to do this?
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello, Thank you for your response. If you want to create a RAID that includes the drive that has the operating system installed in it yes, this is because the RAID needs to be created first before the installation of the Operating System is done and since it is installed right now you will need to create the RAID which will remove the data in it and then you can install the operating system in the newly created RAID. You could check in the BIOS to see if the drive is on RAID SATA mode instead of AHCI, if that is the case then it may be created from it, if the SATA mode is on AHCI do not change it since this could affect the booting sequence. Also, make sure to back up all of your information before proceeding. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello, I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you. If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos