Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

RAID 1 to non RAID trouble

mizu
Beginner

I deleted the RAID Volume from the BIOS according to (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006188/technologies/intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst.html) However, the drive letter disappeared and the partition became inaccessible.
Even if I want to give the partition a drive letter, it is grayed out and I cannot select it.
Is there any way to access the partition without formatting it?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

mizu, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Also, could you please provide a screenshot where the partition is showing grayed out so we can verify further details about your configuration?

Any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
mizu
Beginner

Hello Albert R.

I am attaching the system log and screenshots.

However, I have already removed the Toshiba HDD that caused the problem, so I am connecting it via USB.
Also, 1 out of 2 was formatted.

The greyed out partition is labeled "GPT Protective Partition".

thank you.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello mizu, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing the SSU report and the picture.

Even though you already removed the Toshiba HDD, we will do further research on this matter to verify if we can determine the source of the problem.  

As soon as I get any updates, I will post al the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello mizu, I just received an update ion this matter.

Based on the information shown in the SSU document, we can see that you are using an 11-year-old setup. For that reason, we just wanted to confirm how you were able to complete step 1 in the article Delete a RAID 1 Mirror Without Data Loss?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006188/technologies/intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst.html

Additionally, please provide a screenshot of the Intel® RST tool you are using.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
mizu
Beginner

Hello Alberto

The PC I'm using now was built 11 years ago.
However, the problem HDD was incorporated in May 2016 and RAID1 was set.
At that time, just like this time, I replaced the Raid1 drive with a large capacity one.
The situation at that time is ambiguous, but I think that the data was probably copied to another HDD without retaining the data, and then the Raid1 was destroyed and formatted.

I would like to know if Raid1's drive can be read by the new system if the HDD in Raid1 is okay and the system containing IntelRST is broken.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the current IntelRST.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello mizu, Thank you very much for confirming that information and providing the picture.

It is important to mention that we only provide support in English language, so we cannot understand the details shown in the picture you shared. Do you have the option to provide that same picture in English language or maybe translate the information that is showing in there?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
mizu
Beginner

Hello Albert

I couldn't find a language selection option in IntelRST, so I added an English translation.

Although the HDD in question is connected via USB, it is not displayed in IntelRST.

thank you.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello mizu, Thank you very much for the translation and for your patience.

We will continue with our research on this matter. As soon as I get more details, I will post all of them on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos