Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

RAID notifications - Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management

PeterV
Novice

We have set up a RAID10 on the ASUS Z490-A mainboard holding an Intel 10900K CPU, running Windows Server 2019.
Several of these systems will be deployed at a customer.

The old IntelRST app, that had an e-mail function, can't be installed ("This Platform is not supported").
and this new Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management does not have any 'remote' notification options.

I've tried looking for events in the EventLOG after pulling a drive out, but there are no error events.

What is best practice; what is the recommended way to make these servers remotely notify when RAID errors occur?
The developers can't just expect everybody to log onto these servers manually every week, do they?

1 Solution
M_J
Novice

Hi

Maybe this helps you guys as well, I have found out that you can actually use  the last version of Intel RST which is V17.8.0.1065 as merher pointed out above even on newer driver versions, at least it works in that way on Dell OptiPlex 7080.

So do like this:

1.Install the new version of the intel raid driver , and you will probably get that new crap application which we all hate installed.

2.Uinstall that crap application ( right click and choose uninstall on start menu, as it are not in regular add / remove programs).

3. Download and extract RST-Win10-17.8.0.1065.zip

4.Run RST\SetupRST.exe from the folder.

5.Success!

/Mats

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
29 Replies
M_J
Novice

Hi

Maybe this helps you guys as well, I have found out that you can actually use  the last version of Intel RST which is V17.8.0.1065 as merher pointed out above even on newer driver versions, at least it works in that way on Dell OptiPlex 7080.

So do like this:

1.Install the new version of the intel raid driver , and you will probably get that new crap application which we all hate installed.

2.Uinstall that crap application ( right click and choose uninstall on start menu, as it are not in regular add / remove programs).

3. Download and extract RST-Win10-17.8.0.1065.zip

4.Run RST\SetupRST.exe from the folder.

5.Success!

/Mats

0 Kudos
M_J
Novice

Not at work now so can't compare archive size, but seems very familiar yes.

I used the latest driver itself from Dell support pages ( via Dell command update ) , but the rapid storage application from this archive yes, according to my post above

0 Kudos
M_J
Novice

Hi

At work now and I confirm its exactly that archive we use the RST program from.

/Mats

0 Kudos
PeterV
Novice

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately that is not the solution for us.

I tried every version there is to download.

The old IntelRST app, that had an e-mail function, can't be installed ("This Platform is not supported").

0 Kudos
M_J
Novice

Hi

And you have the RAID setup working with the new crap application? As I mentioned before you should use the new driver and only the application from the mentioend archive.

So when after uninstalling the crap application and installing the RST  only from the  RST-Win10-17.8.0.1065.zip via RST\SetupRST.exe  you got that error message?

Sorry then I can't help you.

0 Kudos
PeterV
Novice

YES IT WORKS!!!

Folks, I can say that this 17.8.0.1065 version works with our setup!

It is something I didn't think would be compatible with our hardware so I did NOT try it before.

Thanks SO MUCH to both M_J and GrEEnbYte for pointing out the version and for supplying the exact link!

I will paste the link again:
Intel® Rapid Storage-Technologie (RAID) für Intel® NUC 9 Extreme Notebooks Kits
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/downloads/eula/29838/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technologie-RAID-f-r-Intel-NUC-9-Extreme-Notebooks-Kits?httpDown=https%3A%2F%2Fdownloadmirror.intel.com%2F29838%2Feng%2FRST-Win10-17.8.0.1065.zip

0 Kudos
ClaytonLee
Novice

This is a very exciting development!

I will give this a shot asap and add my 2c to the discussion.

0 Kudos
PeterV
Novice

Unfortunately.... that installer does not accept Windows Server 2022. 
Again: "This platform is not supported".

Searching for a new solution!

0 Kudos