Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2045 Discussions

Raid 5 fails with missing disk--but disk is shown as there?!?

BProf
Beginner

During boot, I see the RAID array marked as failed with one of the drives marked as missing. (I recently replaced the system drive, and temporarily loosened the data connector for that drive I think.) The drive does show up during boot, but as a non-RAID disk. RST shows the missing slot, and shows the correct drive at the bottom. If I hover over the exclamation point, it even gives me the correct serial number--which matches the disk at the bottom as being out of the RAID. How can I get that disk back into the RAID so I can get my data back. (I do not have current backup.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

I told him the following:

Hello bproffit,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

You will need to rebuild the RAID to get that disk back into the RAID, when you launch the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology click rebuild to another disk, select the replacement hard drive and click Rebuild.

Please bear in mind that depends on the size of the HDD, rebuilding can take several hours.

Best wishes,

Ivan.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
idata
Employee

I told him the following:

Hello bproffit,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

You will need to rebuild the RAID to get that disk back into the RAID, when you launch the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology click rebuild to another disk, select the replacement hard drive and click Rebuild.

Please bear in mind that depends on the size of the HDD, rebuilding can take several hours.

Best wishes,

Ivan.

BProf
Beginner

Thank you, Ivan, that took care of it. I apologize for not responding sooner.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for your answer and I'm glad that your issue has been resolved.

I hope you can have better experience with your system from now on.

Thank you.

Ivan.

0 Kudos