Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

Raid Verify and Repair

Hansvds
Beginner

My system is an Asrock Z690 Extreme board equiped with 64GB of memory, a Raid10 disk using 4 Sata drives, 2 non Raid Sata drives and three SSDs running Windows 11 Pro (with all the latest updates).
Intel Optane Memory and Storage is version 19.0.1022.0 and the Driver version of RST VMD Controller is 19.0.0.1067.

If I start Intel Optane Memory and Storage everuthing seems to work fine, except I am missing the function to periodically verify and repair the Raid10 volume.

What can I do to let the function reappaer and enable it for use?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @Hansvds

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

Regarding your issue with the very and repair option. On the new version for the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management, you can select the verify option for any RAID volume created on your system; once you select your RAID the option should appear on the menu displayed for the RAID.

• Manage> click on your RAID 10 volume> select verify

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Hansvds
Beginner

Hi Jean,

It seems that only after the raid is initialized Verify is vailable.

My raid was inherited from my former system and it ran without any problems so my thinking was initialize is unnecessary. However it is not!

Regards,

Hans

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

This is expected behavior since you may not be able to verify a non-active RAID or not-initialized setup. You can try the OEM RST version since they may include different features or options. From our side, we will pass the feedback to the corresponding team in charge. Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards, 

David G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @Hansvds

Your feedback has already been sent to the in-charge department.

Also, we have not heard back from you with any other questions regarding your issue, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos