Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Rapid Start Technology Troubles with Lenovo W540

TAhme7
Beginner

Hi,

I got IRST working for a couple of weeks where the timer would kick off immediately after I close the laptop lid. However, lately, the feature is not working anymore. What happens now is whenever I close the lid, the laptop goes into normal sleep and the IRST timer never kicks in. When I wake up the laptop, I find that the irst service is turned off.

This behavior repeats on and on. I have the latest version of both rapid start (3.0.0.1053) and storage technologies (12.9.0.1001)

your help is greatly appreciated....

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi canukeg,

I am sorry you are having problems with your system but let me help you.

I am trying to find the option for the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology timer but I am afraid to say I cannot see it. Can you please provide the path you are following to set this feature? Is it possible to post an image here of the timer when working fine?

0 Kudos
TAhme7
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

The timer option is in Inter Rapid Start Technology service. Let me know if you still need an image. This is also available in the public guide from Intel website:

http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/rapid_start_technology_user_guide_for_uefi1.pdf http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/rapid_start_technology_user_guide_for_uefi1.pdf

The image is in page 4 of the above document.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi canukeg,

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology is a different and independent technology than the Intel® Rapid Start Technology.

Based on the information you have provided, I recommend you uninstalling the application and reinstalling it again. You may also need to create the hibernation partition in order to set the Rapid Start.

It is important to say that since you are using a laptop, it may be required a special configuration provided by the Computer Manufacture only.

0 Kudos