Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2108 Discussions

Rapid storage Vmd 20.0.0.1038.3 Issue with Win10 PE 10.0.18362.1

Mtavares
Novice
Hi so I have a windows 10 PE Wim file the version of PE is 10.0.18362.1.

The model of laptop we are having issues with the raid control driver is a Dell latitude 5450. It has intel 13gen processor.

So we have injected the current Wim with the most current version of the VMD raid controller driver. 20.0.0.1038.3 is the version we are using.

I know this works with the model of laptop as we were able to have raid on and use the load driver method on install. Our Pe environment does show the correct driver is already installed but we have no hard drive available when we load our PE to launch our imaging software. I tried to even manually install the drive once in the Pe environment and I get an error telling me it’s installed already installed 0x80070103.

Is there a compatibility issue with the version of PE?

Not sure what to do does anyone have an easy update path to just unmount and update the version of PE we have in the Wim?
22 Replies
NormanS_Intel

Hello Mikary31,

I appreciate your input and understand your concerns. To help us investigate the issue more thoroughly, we would need some additional information from you. However, I will bring this matter to our team's attention and ensure we take the necessary steps. I will update this thread with any new information as soon as it becomes available. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Mtavares, 

Since I haven't received a response from you, I will be closing this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

@Mikary31, we understand that you're experiencing issues as well. We would suggest that you create your own thread so we can help you directly. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos