Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Received a notification after restarting my PC that said "Data on one or more volumes is protected from a disk failure" Is this an error message and are there any steps I can take to fix it?

AGoch
Beginner

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, it is an error message. It usually is produced when a disk drive being used in a RAID (typically RAID1) array has failed. Check the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Console for more information. You likely need to replace the failed drive.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
AGoch
Beginner

How do I check the Rapid Storage Technology Console?

Thanks,

Adam

0 Kudos
mgyori
Beginner

Hi Scott,

I don't understand your response here.  In this thread: https://community.intel.com/t5/Rapid-Storage-Technology/Notification-of-quot-Data-on-one-or-more-volumes-is-protected/td-p/1198829

you say this exact same message is nothing to worry about at all.

But in this thread you say it's a serious problem.

I'm getting this message and it certainly sounds like one of the redundant drives in my RAID is failing, but when I do an exhaustive verify on both of my Raids, it returns that everything as fine.

Michael 

0 Kudos
Computerdienst
Beginner
To me it just sounds like an informational message: „Hey man, your drives are protected.“

Nothing to me here that sounds like an error. Especially if there is no error to be seen in the GUI.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I am not sure I understand your question. You install the Intel RST software and driver package on your system and then it is there.

...S

0 Kudos